Sunday, March 28, 2010

On the Brain


Browsing my iPhone photos the other day, I detected a theme.



Mmm, authentic enchiladas.
Sure was nice having the Delgado family in town.



The only thing better than a café miel at Quills...

...is a café miel at Quills with Kristen.
(She's looking a tad grainy here -- no fault of her own.)



After living in My Own Place for six months, I finally bought a kitchen table and decided the inaugural meal warranted commemorating. In case you're wondering, that's a mug of homemade baked beans, and the jar of milk is the closest to farm fresh I can get.

This meal made me think of Gramma, for no other reason than that I sprinkled my eggs with herbes de provence gleaned from her kitchen cabinet after she passed away last summer. It occurred to me as I enjoyed my little supper that Gramma would have been an avid Craigslister had she known how to use a computer, and she would have been proud of me for talking the previous owner of my "new" table into selling it for $40 instead of $50.



Java doesn't brew my favorite coffee in town, but they do serve it in my favorite misshapen turquoise mug.



This is peanut butter and jelly. Literally.
It made for a good midnight supper after a long day of work.



Rainy Sunday afternoons are for coffee, cookies, and parables.

And also red shoes.



"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."
- T.S. Eliot






No comments:

Post a Comment