Monday, June 15, 2009

Twisted Truths


-or-

"Lies Masquerading as Truth"

"You will never be good enough."
(I don't have to be.)

"You have failed - again!"
(No doubt - but I'm forgiven.)

"You don't have what it takes."
(It has never depended on me.)

"You are lacking. You are not enough."
(Again, I don't have to be. Every gift I have is what He ordained. Every gift I lack - He ordained that as well.)

"You will mess things up."
(Probably. Good thing it doesn't depend on me. Good thing His grace is already there.)

What freedom in admitting my brokenness! It is true, I confess - I'm weak, sinful, and bound to fail. Shout it from the rooftops! But that is only half the truth. The rest is that He is infinitely strong, perfectly holy, and never fails - and He is with me.

That's all the truth I need.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Libby. Exposing the twisted part of these truths is very liberating, indeed. Praise God for His strength in my weakness!!

    ReplyDelete