Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Factoids


Paranoias

  • That I have forgotten to lock the door at a public restroom and someone will walk in on me. (I always double check. I've only forgotten once.)
  • That I have something unsightly between my teeth. (Not entirely unfounded - I eat a lot of broccoli and raw almonds.)
  • As a child, that my fingers would get stuck in the drain at the bottom of the pool and I would drown. (Hasn't happened.)
  • As a slightly older child, that I would be attending a wedding and when the preacher said that if anyone saw any reason why these two should not become one they should speak now or forever hold their peace, I would accidentally blurt out, "I object!" (Hasn't happened...yet.)

Wish List

  • Vintage cowboy boots - brown
  • A spice rack
  • A pair of kitchen shears

If I had all the time in the world and most of the money...

  • I would spend half of it baking delicious things that are good for you but don't taste like it.
  • I would spend half of it traveling the world, visiting old friends and making new ones.
  • I would spend half of it renovating an old farmhouse.
  • I would spend half of it planting a garden, canning produce and drying herbs.
  • I would spend half of it learning how to dance.
  • I would spend half of it reading those books that have been on my list for years.
  • I would spend most of it doing what I do now, while wearing my vintage cowboy boots in the kitchen of my renovated farmhouse, baking delicious things from my garden, and dancing.

I've recently discovered...

  • That my eyes turn turquoise when I cry.
  • That bourbon truffles are to die for.
  • That I might be addicted to caffeine.
  • That brushing my teeth with baking soda is not as bad as I expected.
  • That new friends and old friends, far-away friends and right-here friends, are worth the risk and the effort.

7 comments:

  1. If you can wait a few months for a spice rack, I think Nadia and I will have an extra once we move in to married-people housing in January.

    My only other nugget for you here is to say that we should have a canning party. What are you doing in, say, September, when they're practically giving away the tomatoes and peaches at the farmers market?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very little sisterly of me, but can I come to the canning party too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait. We get canning parties? Can I come too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally, you would just stand in the dining room and squeal. Silly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woops. Didn't mean to post twice. In my defense, this is the first time I've ever posted a comment on a blog. (And second, and now third, I guess.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Libby, I have always loved the image of you "accidentally objecting" at a wedding. :) Just don't do it at mine.

    ReplyDelete